Sunday, October 28, 2018

Reward Systems

Hey VIPKid teachers! Are you looking for some new reward systems? Here are some of my favorite reward systems to use with my students. Check these out if you're looking for some new and interesting ways to keep your students interested in the lessons. These are all non-crafty ideas, so if you aren't much of an artist or you don't consider yourself creative, you'll enjoy how simple these are.

Race Cars


One of my favorite reward systems is race cars. You can get a pack of multi-colored cars on Amazon or pick these up at any Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar Tree, etc. I give five cars during class. These also offer a way to extend the lesson if you need to fill some time. For example, you can talk about the color of the car, how many doors it has, etc.





Dolls


Grab a couple of little dolls and show them to your students. You can get a pack of these on Amazon for around $15 (Set of 10). Other places I've seen these are Dollar General and Target. Remember that you don't have to use all of these dolls as the reward. You can use a couple during class and talk about each doll. Use them to extend the lesson. What is she wearing? What color is her hair? Do you like this doll? You can use these over and over again in different classes and there is zero prep work required.




Stickers


I saved the best for last! STICKERS are my students' favorite reward! I use a 3x5 card and write the student's name on the card. Then they earn stickers during class, which I place on the card. This activity is fun and there are so many types of stickers available that you can mix and match what you use very easily. This doesn't require any prep, but if you have a student with a favorite movie or hobby, you can always choose stickers with that theme.

What are your favorite reward systems for teaching online? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment